Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Project Update 5

I need to call someone back tomorrow to see if I can get more info, but other than that I had another meeting with Dr. Karr to discuss what to map with the data I have collected thus far.We decided to map the number of confirmed cases normalized by the estimated child population, total number of housing, and total housing pre-1950. All of the previously done maps only show the number of cases or percent of children tested. Hopefully, the maps I create will be able to display the data in a way that has not been thought about before. The data has been collected, but no one has put together maps to visually display the information. Unfortunately, arcGIS crashed while I was working on my maps and I lost everything and the excel sheets I have are not joining with the county shapefile from the ESRI Maps and Data DVD. This week I will be working trying to resolve this issue and recreate the maps, even if it means entering all of the data by hand.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your maps and computer crashing! That's awesome that you can show a different type of map that has never been seen before.

    ReplyDelete