Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Project Update 7

I met with Dr. Karr last Thursday and made some adjustments to map original three maps that I put together last week or so. I had also created another map displaying the change in percentage of the number of confirmed cases per estimated child population per year from 2006 to 2009. All of the counties decreased in percentage, which is a good thing, but some decreased more than others. I have to find out how to draw the line so that I can move the label out of the county to clean things up a bit. I also have to figure out why on some of the maps there is a category in the legend for one data point that did not show up when I was formatting the labels to try and get rid of that. Hopefully I will be meeting with Dr. Meierdiercks tomorrow to figure these things out. Other than that I changed colors of the counties in NY we did not consider and the other states and the label headings. I was wondering, if it would be better to not go with the percent for the first three maps I put together. I am just trying to think of the simplest way of how to display the data considering the decimals are extremely tiny, but wanted to see how Dr. Karr wanted me to go about things.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa,
    It sounds like you've made a lot of progress. How about posting drafts of your maps?
    -Prof. M

    ReplyDelete