Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Project Update 4

I received feedback from the CDC and was given some information regarding lead poisoning cases per year. I have looked over the data and have a ton of data for children, but none for adults at the moment. Dr. Karr wanted information and numbers regarding both, so I will keep looking. If I cannot find anything we can work with what we have since lead poisoning in children is a rather important issue. I even found maps the CDC created in order to display their information of lead poisoning cases per county of New York State and can get ideas from them regarding what to display and how. I have thought about some different ways on how to display the data and already have the base maps, so the focus of this week will be making various maps displaying different data sets and meeting with Dr. Karr sometime to see what he thinks is the best way to display the data. Most likely I will be using monochromatic color scales to display the number of cases and various percentages per county.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa,
    Can you get started with your mapping with the data that you have? That way you can get a sense of the process that when you have a complete data set, it'll be a snap to produce the final maps.
    -Prof. M

    ReplyDelete